From the 1998 Good Friday Agreement campaign a DUP (or Ulster Democratic Unionist Party as the good Doctor refers to them in his message) leaflet urging voters to vote No to the Agreement.
‘The Pan Nationalist Front wants a ‘Yes’ vote to wreck the Union.’
Worthwhile reading all the objections and then seeing how much progress has been made in the last 12 years.
Ian Paisley concludes his ‘Dear Friend and Voter’ message with..
“The Agreement is a staging post to a united Ireland and has come about by abject surrender to IRA/Sinn Fein.
A “Yes” vote is a vote which the enemies of our Province and those who have surrendered to them are calling for.
You have the opportunity to save Ulster for the Union and for your offspring by voting “No”.
• A “No” vote means a positive and decisive blow struck at the heart of Ulster’s enemies.
• A “No” vote will block the slide to increased and eventual total Dublin rule.
• A “No” vote will save the RUC from destruction.
• A “No” vote will keep Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness out of any future government of Northern Ireland, and
• A “No” vote will demonstrate the determination of the Ulster people not to be bombed into Dublin rule by terrorist gangsters.
Stand up for Ulster! Stand up for your children and your heritage! Stand up for your children and your children’s children! Let the world know that the Ulster people will not be bullied, bribed or butchered into accepting fascist rule. It is suicidal to do otherwise. Your Friend and European Member of Parliament. For God and Ulster …”